Kontiki Finland – Guide’s choice – 25 best things to do in Finland in the Summertime.
Sometimes our Staff, Guides and Tour Leaders like to share their images with us.
Here are a few of their favorite Summer time activities:
1. The Esplanadi Park in Helsinki – Free concerts and a great gathering place.
2. Collecting Rare Cloudberries growing in secret locations!
3. Cruising the Archipelago Islands.
4. Spotting Finnish Wildlife includes visits from Grouse, Fox, Deer, Birds & Elk
5. Cycling in Helsinki, how about a bike tour?
6. Visiting Kauppatori: Helsinki market is full of great Nordic souvenirs and handicraft.
7. Taking in the Views from the ferry to Tallinn or Suomenlinna Fortress Island.
8. Training the husky dogs for Winter Sleigh pulling. They love to run!
9. Enjoying a Finnish beer from Finnish Design glasses, while playing sport well into the evening.
10. Kayaking in the rapids of North East Finland.
11. Taking the time to hike up and look down.
12. Gentle paddling through the lake district of Saimaa.
13. Seeing the great Osprey arriving back to the nest to feed its young.
14. Evenings by the lakeside enjoying the sauna and a swim.
15. Spending the night in a bear watching hide.
16. Hanging out on an island in the Archipelago, watching the world go by.
17. More hanging out in the island….
18. Finding rare wild flowers of Northern Finland.
19. Taking some time for a cold beverage in Porvoo Old Town.
20. Fishing in the River Rapids
21. Riding the river rapids with the family.
22. Learning to Kayak safely.
23. Stopping for coffee and hiker’s snack on the top of the rocks.
24. Still loving the city of Helsinki and seeing summer everywhere.
25. Taking a trip by ferry to Tallinn for the day.